CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR 2023 (LIFE SCIENCES)
THE NIGERIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCE (NAS) GOLD
MEDAL PRIZE FOR SCIENCE
2023 NAS GOLD MEDAL PRIZE: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Nigerian Academy of Science is pleased to call for nominations for the 2023 NAS Gold
Medal Prize for Nigerian scientists in the life sciences.
The selection of candidates will be guided by the following criteria:
- Possession of a doctoral degree or its equivalent;
- Active involvement in the field of research in the life sciences;
- Scientific excellence demonstrated through published works, patents, innovations, and
intellectual property rights of merit;
- Upright morality;
- Contribution to excellence in basic/fundamental or applied research, for a specific work
done predominantly in Nigeria, with international resonance and potential applicability to
the global community;
- Outstanding, original, groundbreaking achievements, widely accepted to contribute to the
promotion and improvement of the human condition through the application of science.
Guidelines for Nomination
- The award is open to all Nigerian citizens within or outside the country (other than
Fellows of the Nigerian Academy of Science);
- Any Nigerian citizen, including Fellows of the Nigerian Academy of Science, may
- Each nomination must be made by at least two persons, one of whom is identified as the
corresponding nominator whose biodata must accompany the nomination;
- Nominations shall be made strictly according to the nomination format prescribed below,
submitting only one nomination form per person download the nomination form here
- In addition to submitting the completed nomination form, signed by the candidate and
nominators, nominations must be accompanied by:
- A two-page curriculum vitae of the nominee (using the prescribed format in the
- A complete list of the candidate’s main publications.
- Copies of the candidate’s 10 most important publications (including that relevant
to the specific work for which the nomination is being made)
- The prize is open to be awarded to a single individual or as a joint prize arising from
specific work of more than one person in the same fields of life sciences.
Procedure for Nomination The call for nomination for life sciences in 2023 opens on the 18th of May, 2023 and closes on the 13th of July, 2023. Nominations are to be made electronically. The complete nomination package must be emailed to email@example.com Email subject should be “Entry for NAS Gold Medal Prize 2023” Preferred file format is PDF. Paper nominations will not be accepted. A nomination is not considered fully submitted until the corresponding nominator receives a confirmation e-mail from NAS; confirmation will be sent within 5 business days of receiving a nomination. Nominations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th of July, 2023. A public announcement of winner(s) will be made in October, 2023.
Checklist of Submissions
- Completed and signed nomination form
- Curriculum vitae of candidate (2 pages maximum) – use prescribed format
- Copies of 10 most important publications.
- Complete list of candidate’s publications.
- Brief biodata of the corresponding nominator